5 Easy Steps to Becoming a Member of UNITY CENTER OF LIGHT
These steps can be completed in any order, with the Spiritual Baptism Ceremony being the last step.
- Attend a Member Orientation session. (These are held approximately four times a
year and will be announced in the Sunday bulletin, in the newsletter, and on the web site.)
- Attend 6 class sessions of any combination of designated “New Member” classes.
(These classes are identified in the Sunday bulletin and the newsletter.)
- File an Application for Membership to state your intent to become a member.
- Participate in this ministry through active interest, love and support.
- Sign up for and attend the Spiritual Baptism Ceremony. (This is held during
the Sunday service approximately four times per year.) The minister gives a
blessing for the new members, then asks the congregation to bless them also.
We believe it is important to have concrete steps for becoming a member, and we know that
true membership comes from the heart. When you are ready to become a member, we will
welcome you with an open heart and open arms.
Membership is not a requirement to attend any of the workshops,
classes or activities that go on at Unity Center of Light. The only
logistical difference has to do with voting during the crucial decisions
that occur during the annual church meeting.
However, belonging to Unity Center of Light involves embracing New Thought
teachings with an open mind and UCL’s diverse body of people and backgrounds
with an open heart. Becoming a member isn’t difficult but it does involve study about
the UCL approach to re-establishing your connection to the spirit consciousness and
all that that entails.